Friday, January 05, 2007

An Answer to Prayer




Alea is an answer to a young teenager's prayers. God began preparing me for adoption as a teenager. My aunt and uncle adopted a baby girl from Japan and I fell in love with Asian babies! I began praying as a teen for the daughter God would allow me to adopt some day. I told everyone I knew that someday I was going to adopt an Asian baby girl. When Brad and I began dating, I told him my plans. He agreed. I don't know if he knew then that it actually would become a reality, but in my heart, I knew it would. These pictures reflect my thoughts, emotions and joy as I held my long prayed for baby in the airport for the first time!

4 comments:

Hummel Family said...

Oh Carmen, I have goose bumps and tears! I am so exited for you as God has answered your prayer!!

What a beautiful family you have. I am sure you are savoring every moment.

Love
JoEllen

Anonymous said...

Brad & Carmen, What a blessing to run into you today at Mi Pueblo! And thank you so much for allowing us just a few moments to hold your precious Alea! Oh, how it did our hearts good!! We're also grateful for giving us your blog site. We've enjoyed looking through it. God bless you and your family as you begin this new journey together!

Rick, Jennifer, & Spencer Mahan
(Waiting as patiently as we can for our Malia!)

Anonymous said...

Alea's mother and mother:

It's very kind of you for foster Alea .Thank you very much!

All the best to your families and friends.

we hope that you will all enjoy a great, exciting and healthy New Year!

Best wishes always,

Alea's grandmother ,mom and aunt

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures and updates (think of all those pictures to scrapbook!)! I am so happy for you. I love reading about Braylen and Alea; I completely understand how much you enjoy watching them become friends. My favorite moments of motherhood come from watching Elijah and Simon loving each other and laughing together. May God grant us both much wisdom as mothers. May God grant us both
many moments with our children.

:) Ami

I am SO happy for you, friend!