Monday, July 16, 2007

Fire From Heaven





Today, I taught Braylen the story from the Bible about when Elijah built an alter and poured water on the wood and then prayed for God to send fire from heaven to burn it all up. Of course, our God did and Elijah won the contest against the prophets of Baal. We made our own alters here at home and they were yummy!!! Tomorrow, I am teaching my class at VBS this lesson and I made these cupcakes to pass out to the kids on their way home. Braylen enjoyed helping create them. Alea on the other hand, got a little bored as you can see above :)


For those of you reading wondering why I didn't let the kids make these at VBS: I forgot about this idea when I told my snack coordinator what to make for snack and I didn't want to create extra work for her, but it is such a fun thing to reinforce the lesson, I couldn't leave it out, so the kids will see them as we review at the end of the day and take them home to enjoy and share the story with mom and dad!! The kids are building alters with crackers and pretzal sticks and squeezing cheese fire on them during regular snack time tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Hummel Family said...

I have been reading and not leaving comments. OOPs! Your two girls are just so sweet. I loved the fair pics and the pics with Grandma playing frisbee! I remember going to your Grandma's house! I remember a couple of times riding our bikes over there.

I just love the cupcake idea and the symbol that they carry! The kids will love them and hopefully the story will stick in their minds!

Hummel Family said...

You will have to post an update on Brad. How's he doing? Is his surgery coming up? May God grant him relief from all the pain!