Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Happenings

No pictures today, just an update. Today Alea had a check up at the doctor. She has gained 2 pounds!! Woo-hoo!!! The doctor was very pleased and she doesn't have to come back until her 12 month check up. She now weighs 16 pounds 5 ounces at 10 months old. She is 27 inches long.

Braylen had her school carnival today while we were at the doctor. She came home with a rainbow and mickey mouse painted on her face, a cake that she won at the cake walk, popcorn, cotton candy and lots and lots of prizes. She had so much fun. I was unable to help at the carnival due to Alea's doctor appointment, so no pictures, unfortunately.

Brad is busy, busy, busy at work as this is the spring planting time and they are always on their toes this time of year. He is anxious to begin working outside, but unfortunately his lawn mower won't start. He did work in the landscaping tonight.

I have managed to catch the stomach flu on top of mono!!!! I go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon to talk about the mono and things to do to get over it faster. I have been advised by 3 medical professionals that sometimes mono shows up positive when in fact it is something else and that I need to talk to the doctor about that tomorrow. Since I have never had the swollen glands and sore throat they are all leary that it truly is mono. I have no idea!! Anyway, I haven't been able to eat anything except mints and saltine crackers since Sunday afternoon. I am drinking now, so that should help. I have had a lot of nausea and vomiting. Thanks for your prayers. We are so ready to be over all this and back to normal, whatever that is!

1 comment:

Hannah, Justin and Raven said...

hey Carmen!
wow Raven is going to catch up to alea. lol. I guess asian babie are smaller than American babies. I should know that right. cute pics
bye!