Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten






Well, we all made it through today, some better than others, but we all made it!! Braylen was up and ready to go at 6:30 this morning. She was so excited! She went into her classroom and asked Mrs. Brubaker if she was her teacher. She then said, "I have a note from my mommy for you!" She found her rug and sat with the kids and was in her element!! I made it to the hall before I started crying!!! Braylen never saw the tears, but poor Alea did! She kept saying, "Mama..." I purposely started painting the preschool wing today at church so that I could get my mind off it. I invited other mom's taking their kids to kindergarten as well. It was good therapy! We will continue to paint all week!!!

Tomorrow, Braylen will ride the bus for the first time!!!!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

We are right there with you guys. Olivia's 1st day is 9/4. And to think where we were 5 years ago to the day!

Anonymous said...

BRAYLEN HOW WAS SCHOOL TODAY? YOU ARE SUCH A BIG GIRL NOW. DID YOU LIKE RIDING THE SCHOOL BUS? WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!! HAVE FUN AND STUDY HARD.
LOVE, GRANDMA AND GRANDPA NUSSBAUM

Sarah said...

Aw... sweet, Alea... all worried about Mama's tears. That's really precious. Does Braylen have half day or full day kindergarten?

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Full day, Sarah! She is soooo tired when she gets home!!!

Avery Family said...

I am in tears just thinking about sending Makayla to school someday. Wow! What a big moment for you. I hope she continues to enjoy school. I could NEVER teach Kindergarten. It takes a special teacher to do that! God bless them all!