Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake

Last night when I went to bed, I started a load of laundry. We have moved our washer and dryer upstairs and when our washer spins, it shakes the entire house. Sometime around 5:30 this morning, I woke to the house shaking. I thought, why is the washing machine still running? There is something major wrong with that thing! I woke Brad and he concluded we were experiencing an earthquake. It was so weird! Everything was shaking and there was a rumble outside. Our computer printer and stand slipped off the desk! Later in the day around 11:45, we felt an aftershock. There was a train on the track about a mile from our house and Braylen said, "Mommy, the train is making the ground bumpy!!" Anyway, interesting day in Indiana!!!

4 comments:

MOM2_4 said...

Earthquake - Oh JOY!!! Been there/Done that... WEIRD feeling, huh!!

Sarah said...

I slept through the whole thing. I didn't feel the aftershock at work either, because I stand on top of a metal trap door (seriously) under some carpet and it shakes all day long. I feel like I missed out. Best story I heard was of a father that was kissing his soon good morning in bed at 5:30am... and the little boy said with wide eyes, "Daddy, I'm feeling wobbly!" The dad didn't notice the earthquake... went down stairs where his wife was watching the news and then they figured out why their son was acting strangely.

Hummel Family said...

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie Anderson said...

Well, I thought it was God waking me to do my devotions because I had shut my alarm off about a half-hour early. It got me out of bed and on my knees, that's for sure! I didn't feel nearly as special when I got to work and realized it was an earthquake.