Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Goodbye Grandma

This post is dedicated to Carmen's Grandma Anderson who passed away this morning at 11:34. Grandma is finally walking the streets of Heaven with her Maker! She is whole and happy and she knows it! For the last several years, Grandma has suffered with the terrible mind robbing disease of Alzheimers. The disease affected her so much, we had to put her in a nursing home. For the last few years she hasn't even known who any of us were. Praise God, she now knows all of us and her Creator!

Braylen has only one memory of Grandma and it was last Christmas when she went to a Christmas dinner with her and Mamaw Carol. She sat on her lap and entertained all Grandma's friends in the home. Mom says she was quite the hit. After I got the phone call today, I told her what had happened and asked if she remembered her. When reminded about the Christmas dinner, she said she did. Before putting her down for a nap she said, "Mommy, Grandma Marilyn is with Jesus now!" I said, yes, sweetheart, she is. Braylen said, "Jesus will take care of her good." I wiped a tear of joy that yes, Grandma has always been in Jesus' care, but today she knows it and can see Him!

My Grandma and I were never really close, but one thing I will always keep in my memories of her, is her love and care for others. She loved helping others, whether they needed it or not! I remember as a child hearing the story of Tabitha (Dorcas) in the Bible and picturing my Grandma. Today, that is the memory I will carry with me when I think of my Grandma, Deloras Marilyn Anderson.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family is in our prayers. And we rejoice in the fact that Grandma Anderson is now healed and home.

Take Care!! Much Love!!
The Ross Family

Anonymous said...

I teared up when I read this. I remember staying in her cottage at North Webster with her. I'm sorry for your loss.

Braylen's comments are so sweet. Children are such a gift! :) Ami